GoShootGuns Graphic Design Scholarship
A $1000 Graphic Design Scholarship
- Submission Opens: 1/1/2018
Available To: High School Senior through Graduate Student, Year 5
Award Amount: $1,000
GoShootGuns reviews the latest products for guns and helping customers to find the best product to aid his or her gun performance.
Example: Best AR-15 Scopes
The power of great design has an incredible affect on how people make decisions and react when the design can visually communicate the intended message. We want to help creative minds exhibit their abilities in this area.
We have created the GoShootGuns Graphic Design Scholarship for Undergraduate or Postgraduate students with the passion for "Design" to receive $1000 scholarship award. This design scholarship can help showcase your imagination by showcasing your ability to visually solve a problem and how you can grab people's attention by visually communicating to them.
It also helps the student obtain real world expertise in graphic design and gives the student another way to build his or her portfolio. This real world experience helps the student connect with people outside of school and into the professional world.
Those students who are currently studying in the areas of Graphic Design, Visual Communication Design, Communications, or related may be extremely interested in this scholarship program.
Rules and Regulations
GoShootGuns Official Scholarship Rules and Regulations
- Must be a registered in the United States at an accredited high school or college/university,
- Must be a US citizen, permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Must be currently obtaining an undergraduate or post graduate degree in graphic design or related field.
- Design must be the applicants work, NO PLAGIARISM
- All entries should be uploaded by 11:59 pm PST on July 31` of every year. The entry window shuts beginning Aug 1st and will reopen on Jan 1 at 9:00 am of the following year.
There are 2 parts to follow for a successful submission:
1. The design must be about gun control. We don't care your stance on the highly debated topic or the direction you take it. Choose only one of the following types of graphic design projects to submit:
- Shirt Design
2. Write a 200-300 short essay in English answering the questions below. Use good grammar, proper paragraphs, and check spelling.
- Why you chose the type of design project in step 1 above
- What your process was in the design
- What led you to the direction you took of the topic
- What you are trying to visually communicate
- Why design is important to communicating
Each project will be judged on the following principles of design:
1. Does it have a focal point?
2. Are the design elements cohesive?
3. Is it balanced?
4. Do the typefaces used work well together?
5. Is the text readable
6. Does it have contrast?
7. Good use of space?
8. Is the mood of the design appropriate?
10. Is your color scheme harmonious?
11. Did you follow the creative brief?
12. If you used images, are they high quality?
Please submit a single pdf that includes both the graphic design project and short essay.
All submissions must be made through email. Please email and attach pdf to scholarship[@]goshootguns.com
In the subject line, please type:
- your full name - Scholarship Submission. Ex: Gary Fretwell - Scholarship Submission
Award will be granted by check in the mail to the winner within 30 days after the winner is chosen and announced. Winner will be announced on Sep 1, 2017.
GoShootGuns will not use any submission information for personal use and will not share personal information with anyone else. If the winner does not contact us by the deadline date and does not follow any rules and regulations, GoShootGuns has the right to grant the scholarship. We will announce the winner by full name along with their school association.